The Gherkin – Wedding Photography
by Top National Wedding Photographer David Purslow
Quite simply 0ne of the most sought after destinations in London, Searcy 4030 at the top of The Gherkin otherwise known as No.30 St Mary Axe in the City of London.
Couples lucky enough to hold their wedding at the Gherkin are in for a once in a lifetime experience. Offering a unique 360 degree view over The City of London and beyond guests are left speechless upon exiting the elevator on the 38th floor and walking into the the ceremony room.
The Gherkin is a challenging experience for any photographer, with Black Marble floors wall to wall glass and ceilings that extend up around another 40 – 50 feet reflections can be tricky to say the least.
The up side of holding your wedding at the Gherkin is undoubtedly the spectacular backdrop which is quite simply London – You look over The Tower of London, The River Themes, The Shard, Canary Wharf to name but a few.
When choosing your photographer to capture this most special of days, its important to choose one who has experience of this magnificent venue, one who knows exactly which equipment to bring, how to light up the interior to maximize each and every photo opportunity.
We have experience of working with wedding co-ordinators, personal security details etc, We carry 5 million pounds worth of Public Liability and professional indemnity insurance. I have a current CRB check and was previously Positively Vetted by the Ministry of Defense. We can offer clients total privacy and exclusivity contracts and are happy to deal with magazine and magazine editors if needed.
We offer an all inclusive wedding photography collections to provide you with total peace of mind, as standard our wedding photography collection includes
- An Engagement / pre wedding photoshoot
- DVD of full sized edited master files from your engagement session ready for printing
- Unlimited Photographic coverage on your wedding day
- Evening slide show –projected onto huge screen prior to your first dance
- A Beautiful Story Book Wedding Album including your first featuring your first 75 wedding photographs
- * Beautiful hand made matted albums are available – we can discuss your specific requirements as needed
- DVD of FULL SIZED master camera files in beautiful presentation case in both Colour & Black & White
- DVD Slide show of your wedding album set to your first dance song to play on your TV
- DVD of your wedding album master print files as backup in case anything happens to your album.
- An copy of your Album and wedding photographs ready to load onto your Ipad / Laptop
- Copyright release allowing you unlimited reprints of your wedding photographs from your master DVD files
- 50 Thank you cards featuring your favorite image from your wedding
- 12 months SECURE online web-hosting of your wedding photography with a ‘buy-on-line’ option for your guests & relatives
- TWO PHOTOGRAPHERS
- All Travel and Accommodation charges included (we arrive in London the day before your wedding to be ready when you want us)
Please view the following photographs from the wedding of Alun and Rachel which took place at The Gherkin recently.
We are used to guests being bowled over by how beautiful or spectacular the wedding venues look but these guests were just awestruck – everyone had to take a peek over the edge
Alun and Rachael did a sort of receiving line and I took the opportunity to lye-down on the job and take some wide angle shots and capture the whole of the roof of 4030 / the Gherkin
While this was going on, Oliver and his staff were transforming the room downstairs for dinner, once it was complete before the wedding party went down for a candle lit dinner over looking the whole of London, I shot a few long exposure photos of the room.
Then it was up stairs for the music and the dancing – I had set up a portable studio and again took some long exposure photographs of the guests on the top floor of the Gherkin – the guests love this. here are a couple of shots
and if you a regular blog follower of mine you will know I am well known for my reflection shots, I always look out for unusual reflection photos – check this one out – you could only get a shot like this in a round room at somewhere like the Gherkin.
And finally check this one out, this is what I love about the reportage / documentary style of wedding photography, I dont use a lot of lights, I rely on candles, room lights etc to create the magic – I had to add a tiny amount of fill flash to this but I love the fact Alun and Rachael did not know this photo was being taken, it is completely natural
well thats about it, ALMOST………….
I just wanted to share a few others with you, I didnt know where they fitted in but I love them anyway.
Rachael had the most magnificent flowers for her wedding they were beautiful – here is just one arrangement. This is a 30 second photo painted with light – pretty cool – great fun to make.
And I couldn’t resist a shot of me with London in the background ! – as you can see I am looking pretty happy to be in front of the camera
The Gherkin, London UK
I hop you have enjoyed this look at the most amazing wedding of Rachael and Alun, congratulations to the happy couple.
Phone: 01299 250114
Mobile: 0759 007 6666