Hey there guys and gals,
This post is posted in my For Photographers section and is really aimed at both new and experienced photographers alike.
I spend about an hour several times a week scanning a bunch of other photographers websites. Today I visited one of my all time favorites, its called Digital Pro Talk – its the site of David Ziser a very talented wedding & portrait photographer, an amazing teacher and author of some great photography books. There are two kinds of photographers in the world in my humble opinion – Photographers who are sponges and who suck up all the information they can and don’t share and then the ones who give back to the larger photography community. David runs courses, gives away truly amazing photography tips and tutorials and spend hour upon hour on his DPT website – He also links to a million other fantastic websites and its a great place to find articles.
Online Marketing Tips Website
So there I was taking my normal Tuesday look at David Zisers Digital Pro Talk blog, about 3 posts in was a link to marketing site, naturally I clicked on it and spent 5 minutes reading the post – It was fantastic – gave me an idea right away that will generate between £5000 & £10,000 extra income this year – that’s the power of reading other blogs and visiting other websites.
Short and sweet for today, but really powerful – check out both sites and make it part of your weekly marketing stratergy to visit at least 5 informational blogs relating to photography and wedding photography each week.
If you need help finding a few here are some links for you.
- Possibly the worlds best website on the web for small flash users – non studio stuff – Strobist – http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/
- One of my favorite websites for learning and reinforcing what I already know – Planet Neil – http://neilvn.com/tangents/
- A page I visit each week just to be inspired – its called the Still Image by Crash Taylor –http://www.thestillimagewithcrashtaylor.com/
- When I feel like making something strange I visit this site – another very inspirational site – http://tombolphoto.com/blog/
- Dave Hill Photographer – my hero – watching this guys behind the scenes videos makes me cry – http://www.davehillphoto.com/
A few newer sites that are starting to take my interest and ones I visit on a regular basis are
And then there is the new site from Rosie Parsons another great UK wedding photographer – her new site is called The Photographers Parlour – again full of great information and worth a weekly look at the very least.
Hope this list helps you out a little, do your self a favor, read, learn, network, grow but DONT STAND STILL